The Lib Dems have released the front page of the 2015 General Election manifest, detailing 5 key themes to transform the UK.
- Creating a stronger economy is about more than just clearing the deficit. That’s why Liberal Democrats will balance the budget fairly and invest in building a high skill low carbon economy.
- To build a strong, green, innovative economy we need to invest in upgrading our national infrastructure and producing the clean renewable energy that will power our future prosperity.
- Creating a fairer society by cutting income tax by an additional £400 by raising the tax-free allowance to £12,500.
Quality Healthcare for All:
- Creating a fairer society by properly funding our world class public services by investing in them as the economy grows. This means making sure the NHS has the extra £8bn a year it needs by 2020.
- Ending the stigma around mental health and putting it on equal footing with physical is vital to building a fairer society.
Opportunity for Every Child:
- Protecting the education budget from cradle to college, so that every child and young person has the opportunity to fulfil their potential, from nursery school to higher education.
- Giving children the best start in life by making sure there is a qualified teacher in every class.
Our Environment Protected:
- Protecting the environment so that future generations are not left paying for the mistakes of the generations before them. Fighting climate change with five Green Laws.